Why Digital Maturity matters
Focusing only on your competitors to benchmark your organisation’s success will no longer be enough to satisfy your stakeholders or retain your customers.
There is no more powerful source of feedback than when one can hold a mirror up to oneself. That’s why we’ve created the Digital Maturity Evaluation to enable collaboration, long-term thinking and avoid siloed decision making.
With your consumers seeking an enhanced digital experience, using a digital maturity framework to evaluate yourself, team and organisation is an effective tool to support strategy implementation and ensure a clear focus on the customer.
Improving your digital maturity
Here we explore how brands can propel their digital maturity from ‘Connected’ to ‘Advanced’, but if you’re at an earlier stage in your digital maturity journey you might find the following articles more useful:
- ‘Siloed’ to ‘Emerging’: How to pioneer integrated digital growth within your business
- ‘Emerging’ to ‘Connected’: How to pioneer digital-first integrated growth within your business
Evolving from ‘Connected’ to ‘Advanced’
If you have identified your organisation as ‘Connected’, we anticipate you’ll be aiming to drive digital-first integrated growth. You’ll be investing in full-funnel marketing across customer journeys which are underpinned by a trusted measurement framework - and a culture of experimentation will be evident across your business.
Based on our experience, we have identified seven areas of focus (and investment) to help you advance to the next level to become truly omnichannel:
- Get buy-in to invest in enterprise-level adoption of a first-party data strategy across owned, earned, and paid activity and platforms. Consider a data collaboration partner such as Infosum.
- Deliver personalisation at scale – across all territories, audience segments and activity. Personalisation will play a key role in delivering a world-class user experience, but it’s also linked to delivering creative consistency.
- Make sure identity resolution and enrichment is baked into your audience development.
- Ensure you have a centralised marketing tech stack that works together and is helping you achieve your goals.
- Invest in Mixed Media Modelling and econometric modelling to plan media spend and measure its effectiveness.
- Foster a genuine culture of experimentation. It will need to be embraced across all areas of your marketing operations.
- You want marketing activity and insight to be used across the business value chain in real-time. Create an environment where all stakeholders understand their role in customer acquisition and retention.
Want to know more?
We understand that each business is different and has its own unique set of challenges. If you’re looking for personalised advice on how to level up your digital maturity, get in touch with our team.
Our consultants can help you explore:
- How you can take advantage of our ‘Outcomes Generator’ to run Mixed Media Modelling or econometric solutions delivered via MSQ
- How to deliver personalised creative at scale by using a DAM (Digital Asset Management)
- Tapping into our InfoSum partnership to deliver a joint business plan for investment in data collaboration for audience and partnership enrichment
- How to develop an app strategy and experience to retain customers
- How insight can create value beyond marketing; like predicting audience behaviour.
Tap into our latest thinking to discover the newest trends, innovations, and opinions direct from our team.